There are many ways to make money online in Nigeria in 2020. Many people have been finding it hard to earn a decent income online in Nigeria. This is because they have been following wrong steps and taking bad procedures to achieve what they want. The economy of Nigeria is bad and many people have been affected which made them result to finding extra means of earning a decent income. Many have also started other businesses, learnt skills while some have decided to go into internet fraud.
However, in this post, we will be showing you the most legit ways to make money online in Nigeria in 2020. These businesses are some of the most lucrative and easy to start business online in Nigeria. There are many advantages to starting an online business in Nigeria. Below are some reasons why you should start an online business ASAP.
Why you must start an online business in 2019
- Little capital needed: This is one reason many people are staring an online business. This is what makes a lot of people jump into blogging and some other businesses. You can actually make money online in Nigeria with as little as N5000 and grow it into something that brings as much as N30,000 monthly. That is the power of making money online.
- Large Customer Reach: An online business helps to reach a larger audience both home and abroad. Over 2 billion people use the internet everyday so it means you have the potential of reaching hundreds of thousands of people each month with your business and digital marketing skills. Google has made it easier for you to also know what people search through the power of autosuggest and related search tools. With the aid of Facebook and twitter ads also, you have the chance to reach as many people as you want at an affordable price.
- Easy to start: Online businesses are very easy to start. All you need is to get the attention of a digital marketing personnel. You can start a blog or build a website for that offline business you always wanted to grow. You can also acquire some skills with the aid of youtube and some other blog posts available on the web. All you need is a stable internet connection and enough data to last you a month or at least weekly.
How to make money online in Nigeria 2020
Now, it is time for the moment you have been waiting for. We will be going through some of the simple ways to make money online in Nigeria. These ways have been proven to be the most lucrative and legit ways to build a dependable source of income online.
- Freelancing: A lot of people have neglected the power of being a freelancer. There is a huge demand for certain skills and there are not enough professionals in the field. An example of such skill is animation and voice editing. On freelance websites like fiverr. freelancer, upwork and others, there are a lot of people hiring there every day. Some people make as much as $100 from these sites alone per day. Freelancing is the act of working for many individuals or companies at the same time. You can work for as many people as you want at your own pace and time. A freelancer is the sole owner and sole risk bearer of everything that happens. You bare all the profit and loss, but there is no much loss when you are a freelancer. You can as well get paid before completing a job, halfway into the task or at the end of the task.
- Affiliate marketing: Affiliate marketing is no more a new term on the internet. Almost every internet marketer has a knowledge about this way of making money online. In lay man’s term, affiliate marketing is simply when you sell other people’s products for a commission. Some of the big brands on the internet these days are offering affiliate opportunities for people who want to earn online by simply selling their products. It can be website themes, fashion items, domain names and many more. The biggest affiliate program is still Amazon which has over 1 million affiliates promotion a huge number of goods to people. They have commission models that are different based on the type of product you are promoting. There are also some other affiliate programs that will help you make money online such as jumia, konga, wakanow, udemy etc. Affiliate marketing works better when you are good at content marketing
- Blogging: The term “blogging” is not new to anyone anymore these days. Blogging has become the most popular way to make money online in Nigeria in 2019. However, a lot of people have been doing it wrongly which is why you see so many people quitting after few months of not earning a single dime. There are bloggers who earn as much as $5000 monthly from their blogs. It is advised that one should not just rush into blogging immediately. Instead, you should make a lot of research on certain things like SEO, content marketing and a lot more. These are the simple skills that will make you flourish as a blogger. It is also important for you to make research on the best niches that you can blog about. One of the most popular mistakes made in blogging is not identifying the best niche to blog about. A lot of people make the mistake of blogging anything that comes to mind when it is better to narrow your niche down to what will bring ideas and the money you need. You can learn more about how to start a lifestyle blog here
- Start a whatsapp Tv: WhatsApp Tv is an amazing way to make money online. You can make money online by selling products or advertising for brands. The more contacts you have the higher your chances of earning. Which is why it is recommended for you to buy the trendzmedia six figure whatsapp tv guide
So those are the three best ways to make money online in Nigeria in 2019. When you make enough research on each and every one of them, you are sure to be doing good in your first year. However, you must know that this is also a business and in businesses one should expect profits as well as losses. Now, all you have to do is make in-depth research on which one you can actually do and make the amount of money you need monthly.
As you must have known, trendzmedia is more concerned on people who want to earn online in order to promote their brands.
Now, we have also created a new platform for bloggers, students, social media influencers, WhatsApp Tvs, and everybody who may be broke at this point in time.
We are giving you the opportunity to earn from your home with the Trendzmedia affiliate program.
Here are the things you should expect to learn in this post.
- What is affiliate marketing?
- How does the trendzmedia affiliate program work?
- How much can I make from trendzmedia affiliate program?
- How do I get paid on the trendzmedia affiliate program?
- What is minimum payout?
- How to promote products on trendzmedia affiliate program
What is affiliate marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a business model whereby you make money by selling people’s products after accepting an agreement with the person.
You may become affiliate of a company or an individual and start promoting their products. It is that simple and you don’t really need a lot of capital.
Affiliate marketing is an amazing way of making passive income online. Passive income is a source of income where you are not actively involved. You don’t need to work everyday to make a decent income online – which is why we call this passive income.
Affiliate marketing is really interesting. It can help you make more money online than you can actually imagine and it does not require any capital to start unless you decide that you want to run some paid adverts.
Te first sale you make will push you to continue doing affiliate marketing and the best thing is thta there is no limit to how much you can earn from affiliate marketing.
How does trendzmedia affiliate program work?
Trendzmedia affiliate program is a platform for people to earn money by promoting products from trendzmedia. These products range from eBooks, themes, services and bookings.
When you become a trendzmedia affiliate, you earn commissions for the products or service you promote on your website, social media page or even email list.
The standard commission is 20% but it can change based on the product. We have set our affiliate program to be as easy as possible. You don’t even need a website to start.
How much can I make from the Trendzmedia affiliate program?
You can earn N5000 AS WELL AS N300,000 from the trendzmedia affiliate program. It is better than you think because the more sales you make, the better you earn.
If you put the right strategies in place, you can earn up to six figures just promoting products from trendz. The best thing to do is to promote the high priced products.
Let us do a quick calculation:
If you promote an eBook worth N7000, and earn 20% on each sale, that will give you N1400 on every sale you make.
If you are consistent and can pull in 30 buyers every month, then you will earn N42000 in a month. This is an impressive deal considering the fact that you didn’t use any capital at all to start this business. You just generated your link and started promoting to your friends.
How do I get paid on trendzmedia affiliate program?
You get paid directly to your bank account once you reach the payment threshold.
Payment is usually processed within 24 hours after commission has been confirmed. Payment is made for five working days. Kindly note that total commission earned during on Friday weekends will be paid on the following working day.
Payments are also not made on public holidays.
What is the minimum payout?
The minimum payout for this affiliate program is N500.
How can I generate affiliate link?
Every affiliate is given a new referral token. This referral tokn is very important for you to earn your commission.
To generate your referral link, simply follow the steps below:
1. Visit the product page and copy the link
2. Log in your affiliate dashboard via https://trendzmedia.net/affiliate
3. Click on “generate link” and You will find a message like the one below:
Your affiliate ID is: 1
Your referral URL is: https://trendzmedia.net?ref=1(Now copy this referral link and share it anywhere)”
5. So, now you see your affiliate token. In this case, the affiliate token is ‘1’. To generate your affiliate link, simply copy the product of that link into the page URL space you find below and enter. Then copy the referral URL which was generated.
Simply add ‘?ref=token number’ to the back of the product link. If your token number is 17, your referral URL for the whatsapp tv guide will be https://trendzmedia.net/product/whatsapp-tv-guide?ref=17. It is as easy as ABC.
How to promote your affiliate links
This is where the real task lies because promoting your affiliate link can be a difficult task for some people but with this guide, it will be a breeze.
Nairaland currently has over 1 million members and it remains the most active forum in Africa. You can promote your referral link by simply creating your own thread. Choose a captivating subheading and do as much as possible to write a post that will help you get more sales. You can also be commenting on different threads which may be related to the product you are promoting.
2. Facebook ads
This is a very efficient way of getting sales. This works like magic because you can use N200 to run ads that can reach 250 people. If ten people buy from your referral link, then you will earn commissions from those ten people with just N200.
Blogging is another way to promote products. if you have a blog, you can write a post promoting any product from trendzmedia, insert your link and earn. Or you can easily add an image as an advert which is link ing to your affiliate link and earn.
4. Email marketing
If you have a long list of emails, and a bulk email sender, then you can as well make money by promoting to that your email list.
5. Tell your WhatsApp friends
Send messages to your WhatsApp friends asking them to buy through your link.
How to shorten your referral link
First, you need to mask your link by shortening it. There are many link shorteners available for you, but we recommend you to use bitly.com. Quickly visit bitly.com to shorten your link. Copy your referral link and paste it in bitly.com then click on generate. Copy the generated link and start promoting to your friends.
Metrics and meanings
WHAT IS AFFILIATE RATE?
Affiliate rate is the commission percentage you earn on most products.
This is the total amount you have ever earned from the products which their orders have been confirmed.
This is the total amount of your earnings which have been paid to your bank account.
The total amount of orders which have been refunded for one reason or another. If your earning was confirmed before, it would be cancelled.
This is the total amount which is yet to be paid to you.
This is the amount of times you affiliate link has been visited
The conversion rate is the rate at which your sale is made. The rate at which people who click your link buy products.
Affiliate marketing in Nigeria is an awesome way to make money online, alongside blogging, social media marketing, becoming a social media influencer, mini importation and others. This post will open you to some of the best affiliate programs in Nigeria.
Every year, there is a new affiliate program for Nigerians to earn a decent income from.
Making money online is a case of easier said than done.
Sure, you must have seen some awesome blog headlines claiming to make $10,000 from affiliate marketing alone.
Some of these headlines might be true while a huge majority of them are just a way to make you click the link and read their blog posts.
Eventually, you realize that the post is filled with lies or little information on how to achieve such figures.
Well, this post is not one of them as we will be 100% honest and transparent with you.
Firstly, you need to understand that six figures is anything that ranges from 100k to 999k.
Also, there is no 100% assurance that a single affiliate program in Nigeria can make you up to 100k in a month, but if you have extra knowledge on blogging, internet marketing, SEO, you can scale up to 500k monthly from affiliate marketing.
The affiliate programs mentioned in this post are all available for Nigerians to sign up for.
Some may be situated in other countries, but are also available for Nigerians and a joint combination of them can make you six figures monthly (if you put every single thing in their place).
I have found many affiliate programs in Nigeria that are guaranteed to work well for you.
I have tested some myself and they have proven to be paying and lucrative.
In a short period of time, it was possible to make as much as 30k from one of these affiliate programs.
Coupled with other affiliate programs on this list, I was able to scale up to six figures from a couple of affiliate programs all at once.
I am pretty sure you must have made a lot of research on affiliate programs that will work for you but got frustrated when you started seeing most of them were just foreign affiliate programs that couldn’t pay you your money.
In this post, I am going to be completely honest with you and tell you that this is not an 100% guarantee that you will be rich, but you can still make some side figures.
Just like blogging, affiliate marketing needs a certain level of consistency, smart and hard work, strategic planning and a lot of time.
If you cannot be patient with it, you might as well forget about it.
Everything works out in the end, it may look rough at the beginning but if you give it time and work hard it will work out. If it does not work out, it is not the end, just keep fighting for it.
LOL. This got me turning into a motivational speaker.
How does affiliate marketing work?
The concept of affiliate marketing is very easy to understand.
Like I said, it is a case of easier said than done but when you do the right thing, you will surely enjoy affiliate marketing.
- Find a product
- promote the product
- Earn a commission
The commission you earn depends on what the affiliate program has set aside for its users.
Commission may be as large as 75% and as low as 5%.
The higher the commission, the more work you have to put into that affiliate program.
Many affiliate programs in Nigeria offer cool commission which are enough to make a considerable amount of income on your first sale.
Joining affiliate an affiliate program is very easy. The hard part of it is actually getting a sale. This is the main reason why I said “easier said than done”.
However, with the tactics I am going to share with you, you can turn affiliate marketing into a full-time job.
How to become an affiliate marketer
There are some notable affiliate marketers in Nigeria that are able to turn any affiliate program into a huge bucks.
The likes of Jide Ogunsanya, Prosper Noah and Awogor Matthew have been able to master the tactics used in affiliate marketing .
They have been able to gather knowledge on content marketing, copywriting, email list building, SEO and most of the important tactics in the book.
To become an affiliate marketer, there are some skills you need to acquire in order to make the kind of sales that allows you to afford a night out with your girlfriend in one of the best restaurants on the island.
Follow the tips below to become an affiliate marketer:
#1. Learn marketing skills: This is very important for anybody that is trying to make a sale.
If you cannot learn marketing skills, then you might as well pay someone to help you market your products.
The important marketing skills to learn are copywriting, social media marketing, email list building and SEO.
SEO may take time to start taking effect so if you are planning to make fast money, SEO should be out of it. But you can get an affordable SEO agency like Trendzmedia.
#2. Choose a niche: You can work on many niches at once but it is very important to identify a pillar niche.
This is the niche you will focus on the most.
Many people will advise you to chase your passion when choosing a niche for anything, but my advise if that you make enough research and learn as much as you can about a particular niche before diving into it.
Some of the niches that sell the most these days are tech, home decor, fashion and business.
Luckily, there are also many affiliate programs available in these niches which one can earn from.
#3. Find a paying program: There are some affiliate programs in Nigeria that will just let you do all the work and still never pay you.
Meanwhile, there are others that pay too little. Don’t ever settle for less.
All the affiliate programs mentioned in this post are legit and lucrative.
If they were not legit, I won’t mention them here for reputation’s sake.
#4. Start promoting: The promotion is the hard part of it all.
Anyone can fill email addresses, full name and last name to sign up for an affiliate program but very few can actually make a sale to happen.
This is not the fault of the affiliate program, but the fault of the marketer.
When you sign up for an affiliate program, you need to understand how the program works and how much commission they pay for each products.
You also need to put the price of the products in mind because some commission can seem high but the total earnings are the definition of ultimate disappointment which
we don’t want.
For example, an affiliate program can be offering you 40% commission on each product sold and the product can be very cheap.
Imagine getting 40% on a N500 product. You earn N200 on every sale you make. By the time you sell up to 10 products and earn N2000, you must have given up, especially when their payment threshold is like N5000.
This is not the kind of affiliate program that takes you to fancy restaurants with your girlfriend.
It is the type that buys you geisha for noodles every two days.
Let us quickly go into some of the best affiliate programs in Nigeria that can make you six figures
#1. NNU forum affiliate program
NNU is more than just an affiliate program.
I made it top of my list because not only do they offer an amazing commission, NNU has also been able to embed an income stream where they pay you to login, read news, share posts and drop meaningful comments.
NNU is a very legit program.
I could have shown payment proofs but I lost some important documents when my phone got damaged.
You could have seen a lot of sweet sweet credit alerts from NNU income.
There was a period, this income program stopped paying their members due to over saturation on the site but they are back again with another platform called the NNU forum.
This platform is not as saturated as the former one so they have been able to pay their members what they earn.
The best thing you can do now is to join NNU today.
However, you will be asked to pay a sum of N1600 as registration fee before you can get access to all the goodies on NNU.
The affiliate program helps you earn N1000 for everybody you refer to NNU.
If you refer 10 people a week, you are on your way to earning more than N40000 monthly from this income program alone.
Performing tasks on the site will also give you additional bonuses.
Below is a payment proof gotten from prospernoah.com
#2. Jumia affiliate program
This is a very popular affiliate program in Nigeria.
Thousands of Nigerians shop on Jumia per day and a huge percentage of these shoppers buy from affiliate links.
When someone buys a product from your affiliate link, jumia pays you a commission, but you can only receive that commission when you reach N5000.
So the best thing to do is look for the products with high prices and try to get a sale. If you can get three sales for a samsung s8+ worth N129,000 through your affiliate link, you will earn more than N7000 on your jumia affiliate dashboard.
However, some products have higher commissions than phones and it is up to you to make your research on them.
Jumia is a great way to make money online, especially when you have people who buy a lot from jumia.
#3. Wakanda affiliate
Wakanda.ng is another affiliate program that is related to NNU affiliate program.
Wakanda may look like a cheesy name for a website like this but they are paying and it is one of the most legit affiliate programs.
They are still paying their members, even though some people might not be interested in the program anymore.
Wakanda affiliate program is one of the best affiliate programs in Nigeria and it still pays its users.
You join wakanda with only N1400, get paid to read news and share.
You also get paid to refer people to the platform.